Paragliding in Bhimtal
A lake city in Uttarakhand, Bhimtal is named after the revered character Bhim from the epic Mahabharata. It is located at a distance of 22km from Nainital and height of 1370 above sea level, offering a pleasant holiday experience to everyone who visits here.
With a beautiful lake and plenty of adventurous activities like Paragliding in Bhimtal, the place is becoming popular among tourists. The main attraction of this city is the Bhimtal Lake with a small island at its center, aesthetically offering the best of nature to those who visit. Connected by road to many major cities, the city is perfect to visit in any month.
Nainital is a popular tourist destination and is always bustling with people and that is probably why many now flock to the less crowded Bhimtal in Uttarakhand. Offering the same scenic vistas, at a lesser price and in an unpolluted atmosphere, the place is a haven not just for nature lovers but also for adventure seekers with activities like Paragliding in Bhimtal to try out.
Apart from adventure, there are many temples for those who are looking for spiritual guidance and salvation during their vacation times in Bhimtal. You can also stay at Bhimtal and explore the nearby locations like Sattal, Nainital, Nakuchiatal, etc. at your leisure.
The best part of staying at Bhimtal is the quiet and calm feeling you get to experience in its surroundings. There are also a lot of water sports to be part of like boating, paddling, etc. along with the option to enjoy paragliding in Bhimtal. The island in the middle of Bhimtal Lake is at a distance of about 91m from the shore and the entire city is quite larger than the popular Nainital. The beauty of this place continues to remain unpolluted and pristine, attracting tourists from all around all through the year. It is one of the favorite holiday destinations among travelers who visit Haldwani and Nainital.
The history of Bhimtal dates back to more than 150 years, older than that of Nainital, according to researchers. Baz Bahadur, Chand Dynasty King had built a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in this quaint hill station, which dates back to the 17th century. The pedestrian roads connecting Kumaon, Tibet, Nepal, and Kathgodam are still used and many believe that this was part of the old silk route.
What can you do in Bhimtal?
With luxury hotels, and economical guesthouses flocking this pristinely beautiful place in Uttarakhand, you can choose to spend your holiday without overstepping your budget and yet enjoy the best of the scenic vistas of nature. When the rates are skyrocketing in Nainital in the winter season, it would be a better option to choose Bhimtal for your stay. Of course, you can indulge in many activities like bird watching, nature walking, trekking, and paragliding in Bhimtal.
Some interesting places to visit in Bhimtal would be,
- Garg Parwat: At a distance of 1km from Bhimtal, this luscious hillock is near the temple of Bhimeshwar and is among the beautiful places of Kumaon. It is also where the River Gargi or Gola Nadi originates. The place is a sight for eyes wary of looking at city traffic lights.
- Nal Damayanti Tal: Another lake naturally formed at a distance of about 2km from Bhimtal, this is a lake revered to be sacred by the local population. It offers scenic views of the mountains around and is a pleasant place to spend a day out with your loved ones. The waters are shallow and pristine with natural foliage adorning the shores.
- Hidimba Parwat: Another lush green forest to be seen is this hillock, named after the demon Hidimba, who is also known as the wife of Bhima. The place is about 5km from the city and offers picturesque spots to spend your time.
- The aquarium: The Island in the center of Bhimtal Lake once had a restaurant that has been shut down. An aquarium was created in its place and it is very popular among the tourists, especially kids who would love to watch the various ocean species.
- Bhimtal Lake: This is the major attraction that one should visit when you are in Bhimtal. It is believed that this lake was created by Bhima, with his mace when the Pandavas were thirsty and couldn’t find water anywhere. The lake offers boating opportunities and there is also the choice of you just taking a stroll along the banks and enjoying the breeze. The lake is also a popular destination for bird lovers, especially during the autumn and spring seasons.
- Victoria Dam: You can also visit this dam located at the end of the Bhimtal Lake with terraced gardens featuring various flower species. The famous Bhimeshwar temple is also located very close to the dam and is frequented by many devotees every day.
Apart from walking through these natural trails and hillocks, you can also indulge in some adventure or activity to satiate the adventurist in you. You can either go paddling or boating or try paragliding in Bhimtal when you are here.
Why Paragliding in Bhimtal?
Bhimtal offers many activities for the different preferences of holidaying crowd. The most famous is the paragliding in Bhimtal, loved by many.
- Enjoy the verdant and bright valleys and the luscious mountains from a bird’s eye view as you paraglide across Bhimtal.
- You can fly from over 4500ft or even at 6000ft depending on the kind of flight you take and where you take it from. You will be gliding over the mighty Himalayan ranges and enjoying its scenic beauty from above.
- The Paragliding in Bhimtal is offered with a glider who will give you basic instructions and things you should remember when you are flying. You will be paragliding under the assistance and guidance of a professional and you will be driven back and forth to the launch site.
If you are in Bhimtal, you should try paragliding in Bhimtal, and experience the feeling of flying like a bird.